MENTAL HEALTH COUNSELLOR
Sara Riel Inc is presently accepting applications for a permanent full-time Mental Health Counsellor. The program provides therapeutic support to participants in assisting them in achieving goals that will lead to successful community living.
QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES
- Registered Social Worker.
- 2-5 years’ experience working with adults with mental health.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills in English and French would be considered an asset.
- Satisfactory Employment record.
- Ability to function in a demanding and stressful environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Provide a current and satisfactory Criminal Record Check and Adult and Child Abuse Registry Check.
- Experience in computer programs i.e. Microsoft Office, Outlook.
- Understanding of mental health issues.
- Good critical thinking and problem-solving skills required.
- Acute sense of discretion, confidentiality and professionalism.
- Complete WHMIS training and understand the safety precautions and emergency procedures of potential hazards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide professional support and counselling in accordance with individual's assessed needs.
- Help clients reach their objectives to live independently within the community.
- Able to effectively communicate and collaboration with individuals with mental health family members, external professionals, etc.
- Develop and maintain on-going professional relationships with community resources.
- Develop and facilitate workshops.
- Documentation at a high level.
- Housing and tenancy support.
- Responsible for on-call rotation schedule.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
- First Aid and CPR.
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention.
- Applied Suicide Intervention (ASIST).
NB - Successful candidates must be flexible to work evenings and weekends. Daily schedule may vary according to program needs.
Salary – 24.71
Please submit resume to Candice Kirton = firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE – February 19, 2020