Winnipeg has great places to rejoice the break of winter blues. Why not spend time out of your home and enjoy an afternoon full of sun! Here is a list of some free things you can do to break the ICE-olation of winter.
- Learn to cook different meals, and exercise at the Community Food Centre
- Visit the Forks for a nice walk by the river
- Visit Fort Whyte Alive
- Visit Oak Hammock Marsh
- Go to the various Splash Pads in the city with your kids
- Attend the yearly Fringe Festival in the Exchange District, shows at the cube are free
- Catch up on history at the Human rights museum, free every second Tuesday of each month
- Take a trip to Le Marche St. Norbert Farmers' Market to pick up local fruits, veggies, and meats!
- Enjoy time in the sun at the year-round playground at Assiniboine Park.
- Spend some time with nature at St. Vital Park were the ducks are always on site!
There are many things to see and do in our city, try some of these things out and see what spring has in store!