EMPLOYMENT DEVELOPMENT CO-ORDINATOR
PART-TIME (0.5 EFT)
In collaboration with the Employment Services Team, as well as independently, staff will complete the following duties and responsibilities: liaise with and recruit work placements opportunities, actively seek, foster, and maintain partnerships with employers and training agencies, seek out and apply for applicable grants, review and provide job market information for staff, participants and management, manage crisis as needed, market and recruit participants for workshops and employment program
This position may require weekdays, evenings, and every other weekend. Daily schedule may vary according to program needs. Preference will be given to those who are bilingual in both official languages. Valid driver license and vehicle required for this position.
QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES
· Degree in Social Sciences, Human Resources, Business Administration and/or Marketing
· NVCI, CPR/First Aid, ASIST and asset or willingness to obtain
· Flexibility in schedule to meet program and participant needs, including evening and weekends
· 2+ years’ experience with marketing/advertising and/or business administration
· 1-2 years Mental health experience an asset
· Strong written and verbal communications skills in English and French.
· Experience with proposals, financials, negotiating contracts and building partnerships
· Ability to function in a demanding and stressful environment.
· Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision.
· Current and satisfactory Criminal Record and Adult/ Child Abuse Registry Check.
· Exceptional organization and time management skills to self-manage and multi-task.
· Advanced verbal communication skills to communicate effectively, professionally and courteously with the public, other agencies, and staff over the telephone and in person.
· Highly proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Database software.
· Demonstrate the ability to deal with confidential matters.
· Strong marketing, presentation, and relationship-building skills
· Valid Manitoba Driver's License and reliable vehicle
· Advocacy on client’s behalf will occur when necessary and permitted.
· Clients will be encouraged, respected and supported throughout the duration of their time.
· Support services are appropriate to client needs and appropriate referrals made as needed
· Crisis situations are accurately assessed, addressed, and documented in progress notes before the end of the day.
· All support work done will follow all rules of confidentiality laid out by PHIA and will be documented in accordance to policy and procedures. Release of information to any parties must be agreed to by client.
MARKETING, OUTREACH, PARTNERSHIP AND COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
· Develop partnerships with business for education and participant placements.
· Accurate program information is always provided/referred to the business community
· Develop networks through Community organizations.
· Long term and repeat placements resulting from constructive relationships with existing placements.
· Develop partnership and business planning, training and consulting supports for participants.
· Develop marketing materials and plan to recruit participants and advertise program
· Provide accurate information about the program and response to questions are provided to the public.
· Promote social enterprise and social change to increase employment opportunities.
· Serve on community committees as approved or appointed by Manager
· Attend community events/forums as needed
· Current and satisfactory Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search.
· Current and satisfactory Adult Abuse and Child Abuse Registry Checks.
· Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
· First Aid and CPR.
Salary is $21.61 – 23.62 to commensurate with education and experience.
If this position is of interest to you, please forward your resume to Cameron Tindall at firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: May 1, 2020